Betfair Australia Review
The World’s Biggest Online Betting Exchange
Since it was launched in 2000, Betfair has changed the betting industry by allowing punters to bet directly against each other. It has become the most popular and largest online betting exchange platform in the world. Betfair Australia currently provides an attractive sign-up bonus of up to $500 to the value of your first deposit.
Betfair Sign-Up Bonus
New customers who join Betfair get a sign-up bonus of up to $500. The bonus is awarded by giving you a 20% boost on each winning bet you get for the first seven days. The bonus is provided to each customer up to a maximum of $500. However, the Betfair bonus is not available to residents of NSW, WA, VIC, and SA.
Betfair Australia Details
Betfair is owned by Betfair Group Plc, a UK company founded in 1999. It began its online betting exchange activities in 2000. Betfair is quite unlike other online bookmakers such as Ladbrokes and Bet365 because they are a betting exchange platform where customers choose whether to bet on a given selection or act as a bookmaker and create their selections instead. In a betting exchange, the members set odds for an event while others place bets on those odds. You act either as a punter or a bookmaker. Here are some of the key details about Betfair:
- Deposit options: Credit or Debit cards, Skrill, Neteller, BPAY, Bank transfer, and POLi
- Withdrawal options: Skrill, Neteller, Bank transfer
- There are no transaction fees
- Currencies accepted include AUD, EUR, USD, GBP, CAD, DKK, HKD, SGD
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Spanish, Italian, Norsk, Polish, Turkish, Portuguese, and many more
- Odds format: Decimal
- Minimum bet: Online exchange bets $5.00 and $5.00 for bets placed over the phone
- Mobile version and app available too
- No Inactive Account Fee for Australian customers
Betfair provides Australian customers with a wide range of sports to wager on. Their exchange platform features both pre-match and in-play selections of the most popular leagues across the world. You’ll find every league, tournament and sporting activity at Betfair, from the AFL, A-League, NRL, and Super Rugby to horse, harness, and grey hound racing. All the popular international leagues such as the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, NFL, MLB, NHL, and tennis tournaments are prominently covered in Betfair.
Betfair provides its customers with a functional mobile app to help them in their betting and trading activities. In fact, there are several apps for both Android and iPhone mobile platforms that allow customers to bet and trade on the Betfair platform with much ease. The apps can also help you to find value opportunities provided on the Betfair markets. Find an app that suits your betting or trading needs on the Betfair App Directory. You can search by category, platform, sport or price.
Betfair Live Streaming
Betfair provides customers with live streaming of selected events via Betfair Live Video. To enjoy live streaming, you’ll need to fund your account first.
Betfair Pros and Cons
- A betting exchange where you can bet for or against the possible outcomes
- They have great tournament futures betting
- They cover a wide range of sports
- They are the only betting exchange licensed in Australia
- They provide a wide range of Australian racing markets
- Have a community forum
- Have excellent Betfair promotions and bonuses
- No live online betting due to restrictions by the Australian law
- It is a rather complicated platform and not very beginner-friendly.
Betfair online betting exchange makes it possible to bet both for and against possible outcomes, which makes hedging extremely easy. It is a great platform for tournament betting. They also have a good Betfair sign up bonus structure that you can take advantage of to place more free bets.