William Hill Australia Review
William Hill is the latest addition to the Australian online betting industry. The company has become quite popular with Australian punters due to their excellent customer service, promotions and bonuses, a fast-loading website and mobile app, great coverage of diverse markets, outstanding odds, and much more.
William Hill Promotions
One of the most attractive features of William Hill is their weekly promotions such as the Premium Price offer in which they provide boosted odds in horse racing events. There is also the William Hill sign up bonus where new members are given a 100% matched bonus on their 1st deposit to a maximum of $502. The William Hill deposit bonus, however, has some conditions attached. Proceeds from the bonus should be turned over at 1x on odds of 1.5 or more before you can withdraw. The offer is not available to residents of SA, NSW, VIC, and WA. Nevertheless, the bonus bet is a great way of testing out the bookmaker’s services before you can invest heavily in their games and races.
William Hill Details
Founded in 1934 in the UK, William Hill entered the Australian online betting market in 2008. It was initially known as Sportingbet before rebranding as William Hill. The company is licensed in Northern Territory.
Here are some of the key features of William Hill:
- Deposit options: Skrill, Credit Card, PayPal, BPAY, POLi, and bank transfer
- Withdrawal options: Skrill, PayPal, BPAY, and bank transfer
- They don’t have transaction fees
- Language: English
- Odds format: Decimal
- No minimum deposit for bank transfer
- Minimum deposit for Skrill $30, Credit Card $5, PayPal $30, and $1 for POLi.
- Minimum online bet: $1
- Minimum bet by phone: $20 for sports and $50 for racing
- Maximum payout: $500,000 for telephone wagers and between $50,000 and $100,000 for sports depending on the event.
- No dormant account fees
William Hill Betting Interface and Mobile App
William Hill did a great job to revamp their website in 2016. They now have a responsive web design that adjusts perfectly on both desktop and mobile devices with different screen sizes. You can conveniently place your bets, view results, and check your transaction history on their mobile site or via the William Hill app. The app is available for download on Android, iPhone, and iPad devices.
William Hill Australia Markets
The Australian arm of William Hill provides customers with a wide range of sports, horse racing, harness racing, and greyhound racing products from all parts of the globe. The bookmaker has a greater choice of betting opportunities for sports than horse racing. Compared to other leading bookmakers in Australia, the depth of markets covered for each fixture at William Hill is slightly smaller. Nevertheless, they cover just about every major sporting, racing, and novelty event happening across the globe. You’ll find just about every Australian league from AFL to Super Rugby at William Hill. They have a strong racing line-up of events from Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, and South Africa.
William Hill Pros and Cons
- They offer a wide variety of deposit and withdraw methods
- Low minimum deposit and bet amounts
- Weekly promotions and a high sign up bonus
- A wide betting selection especially for local Australian sports
- Mobile website and app that allow punters to place to bet wherever they are
- No live betting due to prohibition by Australian law
William Hill is ranked among the largest licensed bookmakers in Australia. It is an excellent option for both professional and beginner punters. Sign up to William Hill and enjoy their huge $502 bonus.