Sportsbet Australia Review
Sportsbet is currently one of the most popular bookmaker brands in Australia, thanks to their innovative advertising campaigns. The bookmaker is also known for providing a diverse range of pre-match and in-play sports that you can bet on, from local AFL, A-League, NRL, and Super League matches to international leagues and tournaments such as the English Premier League, Champions League, NBA, NFL, tennis, cricket, and much more. They have a good selection of horse and greyhound races too.
Sportsbet provides new customers with an attractive sign-up bonus in free bets. After you open an account and make your first deposit, Sportsbet will match 100% of your first bet with a free bet to a maximum of $501. To claim the bonus, sign up to Sportsbet, deposit funds, and Sportsbet will automatically match your first bet with a period of 24 hours. The Sportsbet bonus bet offer is only available to QLD, ACT, NT, and TAS residents. Sportsbet has many more free bets, bonuses, Sportsbet tipping, and price boost offers. You can find these offers on the Sportsbet promotions page.
Sportsbet is an Australian bookmaker licensed and regulated by the Northern Territory Government. It was launched in 1993 in Darwin as Australia’s first licensed betting company. In 2005, Sportbet was acquired by Mathew Tripp. The company’s fast growth saw the Irish giant bookie, Paddy Power, buy 51% of Sportsbet. It has since then grown by leaps and bounds and currently employs more than 250 staff. Despite having foreign shareholders, Sportsbet continues to operate as an Australian entity. Here are some of the important factors about Sportsbet that you may need to know before signing up:
- Deposit options: Credit or Debit Card, Skrill, Bank Transfer, BPAY
- Withdrawal options: Skrill, PayPal, Bank Transfer
- No transaction fees except for international electronic transfer fee of AUD$15.00
- Currencies accepted: AUD, USD, GBP, EUR NZD, SGD, and HKD
- Language: English
- Minimum deposit: $5.00
- Minimum online bet: $0.01
- Minimum bet by phone: $50
- Odds format: Decimal
- Maximum daily payout: AUD$500,000 although you can negotiate for a higher withdrawal.
- They don’t charge dormant account fees
Sportsbet App and Mobile Site
Sportsbet has a functional mobile website where you can place bets, check your bet history, and deposit or withdraw funds. Mobile betting is one the company’s greatest strengths, especially for punters who love in-play betting. The Sportsbet app is available for Android, iPad, and iPhone mobile platforms.
One of the best things about Sportsbet is their wide range of sports and racing markets and depth of options to bet on for each fixture. They are really big on Australian sports including AFL, NRL, Super Rugby, tennis, and A-League. You’ll often get up to 40 markets for each fixture on any day. Sportsbet also covers other international leagues and tournaments in great depth. They have daily games from top European and North American leagues. Their horse racing line-up covers top races in Australia and New Zealand with occasional races from Asia and the Americas. There is everything you need to bet on at Sportsbet.
Sportsbet Pros and Cons
- They offer regular promotions and free competitions
- A wide range of deposit and withdrawal options
- Extremely low turnover requirements
- A wide range of sports and racing markets to bet on
- Great mobile and app betting functionality
- Low minimum for online bets at just $0.01
- Their Sportsbet Cash card allows you to withdraw your winnings from ATMs
- No live betting due to Australian Law restrictions
- It is claimed that they suspend accounts of very successful punters
Sportsbet is one of the top betting services in Australia. They have a simple easy to use betting interface available on mobile devices too. Join Sportsbet today and take advantage of their 100% sign up bonus bet.